Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July: Transformation between the years



2 days ago ago it was the celebration of one of the most important festivities in the USA, the 4th of July (independence day). We (me and the members of the AELP summer camp) went to a small town name Meredith and we admired the fireworks while we were laying on the grass. I really enjoyed it, but do you imagine celebrations 500 years ago? 

The celebrations have been evolving within the years, so as the technology and the social life. I think that people in that time didn't have the technology that we have. Also the way of thinking was differencefor examples the women didn't have the opportunities that we have nowadays. that's why they couldn't be at the same places that men were.     

3 comments:

  1. Jimena, I can tell that you've been thinking about adding more details to your writing. There's definitely more clear, specific information here than in some of your past assignments,which is totally great!!

    Can I ask you about the link that you connected to your last line in this post? What message did you mean to convey to your readers by it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jimena! i've just read your post and I liked that you wrote about women!!!! I agreed with you when you said that the changing of the celebrations is connected to the development of technology! Great idea!
    (why that picture?????????)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you're right!
    I guess women didn't have rights that men had, such as suffrage.
    Also, I like your idea that changing technology affects the way of the celebration.

    ReplyDelete